- As the war in Ukraine continues, counterattacks from Ukrainian forces are pushing Russia back in Kharkiv.
- Russia suffered significant losses when Ukraine forces stopped an attempt to cross a river in the east, according to U.K. intelligence.
- Ukraine began its first war crimes trial against a Russian solider Friday. The young solider is accused of shooting and killing an unarmed civilians in the Sumy region.
- Sweden has joined Finland in announcing support for joining NATO. Russian threatened to take “retaliatory steps” if the Nordic countries become members of the western military alliance.
- At a G7 meeting Thursday, Ukraine asked leaders to provide more weapons to Ukrainian forces and step up economic pressure on Russia.
- Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky is holding up the $40 billion Ukraine aid bill in the Senate.
Follow Newsweek’s live blog for the latest updates.
This article is being translated automatically. Please let us know if there are any errors.